Mobile UI Integration
The following document describes how to implement Mobile UI Integration module from AMP Android SDK.
This UI integration is currently outdated, to implement the player UI using the current approach, follow the UI Generic module guide, Mobile Generic UI Integration
Before you continue be aware that AMP Android SDK can be integrated with different approaches:
- AMP Basic Integration: AMP Android SDK has a standard API to implement all features. AMP Basic Integration. It requires more code development and gives more freedom. For example: it allows UI control customization, rebuild the UI Controls completely, integration of Server Side Ad Insertion like DAI and Client Side Ad Insertion like IMA at the same time.
- AMP Player Wrapper Integration: AMP Android SDK has a Wrapper module called AmpPlayer module. This module simplifies the implementation even further. It is intended for customers who want a quick integration, with almost no customizations and a default UI. The AMP Player module unifies and coordinates all the different plugins we provide: playback, UI (scrubbar, buttons and events), Close Captions, ads and analytics. With this new module we are saving the developer most integration effort, by providing a single drag and drop plugin that will provide production quality results in a matter of a few minutes.
Reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
The rest of this guide assumes you have successfully integrated AMP’s Core (you are able to play back a video): Basic Integration
For reference, check the AMPSampleUI Android Studio sample project in the release package. To integrate the plugin into your app, you need to:
1) From modules/AmpUIMobile/libs, add the amp-ui-mobile.aar to your project’s /libs folder.
2) Add the following line to the runnable module’s build.gradle file:
3) In the Activity where playback is handled, import the following Java packages:
import com.akamai.uimobile.listeners.IMediaPlayerControllerListener; import com.akamai.uimobile.media.MediaPlayerController;
4) Add an attribute type MediaController as follows:
private MediaPlayerController mMediaPlayerController;
5) Add a UI Widget type MediaPlayerController to the activity’s xml layout as follows:
<com.akamai.uimobile.media.MediaPlayerController android:id="@+id/playerControls" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true"/>
6) Create the instance of the Controller based on the xml as follows:
mMediaPlayerController = (MediaPlayerController) findViewById(R.id.playerControls);
7) On the onResourceReady() callback, set the VideoPlayerView object to the MediaPlayerController as follows:
If you have further questions or comments, reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org